Welcome to Northumbrian Water’s Online Forum.
If you are not happy with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use the Forum. By accepting these terms and conditions you will be automatically opted in to receive marketing communications from Northumbrian Water, but only about the Forum. Please note that we will not use this automatic opt-in to send marketing communications about anything other than the Forum. If you wish to opt out of these marketing communications you will also be opting out of the Forum and will no longer be able to be a member.
“We”, “us” and “our” refers to Northumbrian Water.
“Content” means everything contained in, or accessible from, the Forum which has been produced by or on behalf of Northumbrian Water. “Content” does not include Postings made by members.
“DPA” means the Data Protection Act 1998.
“Northumbrian Water” means Northumbrian Water Limited, trading in the north of England as Northumbrian Water, a company registered in England with company number 2366703, whose registered office address is Northumbria House, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5FJ.
“Postings” means all information, data, artwork, text, photographs, videos, messages and any other material which you or any other any member posts on or uploads to the Website, or otherwise makes available to the Forum.
“Website” means the website which hosts the Forum. These terms and conditions only apply to the website which hosts the Forum.
“You”, “your” and “yours” refers to you, the person using the Website [or taking part in the Forum].
Changes to Terms
From time to time we may make changes to these terms. This will be done without any specific notice, but we will always put the date of the latest revision at the end, to help you.
In addition, if the terms and conditions do change, the next time you login you will be presented with the revision and asked to agree to the revised terms before proceeding to use the Website.
- The Content is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. All Content is protected by applicable intellectual property rights.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance these terms and conditions
- If you would like to create a text link to the Website from your own, you do not need any permission for this. However, we reserve the right to require you to remove any such link if we do not feel that it is appropriate.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the Content, nor its suitability o for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that the Content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. The experiences, ideas and opinions posted on the Forum are those of individual members. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted. People who work at Northumbrian Water will participate in conversations and provide accurate information and answers to questions as needed. We cannot, in any circumstances, accept responsibility for errors or omissions in any of the content of this website, or for any action or decisions based on the content. Neither can we be responsible for the consequences of reliance on any content no matter how it is presented. Any advice given by Northumbrian Water on the Forum will be of a general nature. Specific enquiries made by Forum members in regards to their own account or service will be removed from the Forum and, with the member’s permission, passed onto the Northumbrian Water Customer Care Team who will respond within five working days.
- You are responsible for all your Postings (“Your Postings”). If you did not create Your Postings yourself, you are responsible for obtaining the owner’s consent to use it on the Website [or in connection with the Forum].
- The Forum works best when users can share, and access, each others’ Postings. You are welcome to upload Your Postings as you wish, subject to these terms, and to the guidance in the ‘Good blogging guidelines’. In order to share fully, and make the Forum a success, we need your permission to make Your Postings available to other users. By using the Website you agree to grant us a worldwide, royalty-free license to use Your Postings. We have the right to download and copy Postings for content analysis and customer research purposes. Findings from the discussions, surveys and polls that take place on the Forum may be used in other communications activity, however all members will be completely anonymous.
- This license will not be exclusive to us, in that you can allow other people to use the material too. The license is also transferable in that the material can be used by, for example, other site users, or sub-contractors of Northumbrian Water.
- While we host the Forum we are not responsible for the content of the Postings, which are provided by site users. We can have no liability for any losses or damage which are in any way related to the content of these Postings.
- If anyone notifies us that anything in Your Postings has infringed their intellectual property rights, we may withdraw any, or all, of Your Postings immediately, in order to investigate such claims.
- If anything in Your Postings is found to have infringed another party’s intellectual property rights, and we suffer any losses or damages as a result, you agree to indemnify us against all claims and proceedings arising from such infringement.
In order to keep your personal information safe, we would recommend that you choose a username for the Forum which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information, whether about yourself or someone else, in Your Postings. You need to be aware that, if you include any personal information in Your Postings, it may not be secure. If you include personal information about other people you may be liable yourself and may also do something which makes us or one of our sub-contractors liable. You agree to indemnify Northumbrian Water and any relevant third party against any claim or proceeding which is related to any personal information in Your Postings.
- In relation to your personal information, Northumbrian Water is the Data Controller for the purposes of the DPA. The Data Processor is Explain Market Research Limited (http://www.explainresearch.co.uk/) (“Explain”), who is helping us to run the Website and operate our Forum. We will therefore need to share all data with Explain, including your personal information. You are the Data Subject, for the purposes of the DPA.
Moderation and member conduct
- You are responsible for how you behave towards other users of the Website. Explain will act as site moderator, and will monitor any disputes between individual users, and we cannot be responsible for resolving them.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
These terms are governed by, and will be interpreted in accordance with, English law. Any dispute relating to them, your participation in the Forum, or use of the Website, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the Website and/or the Forum at any time without notice. Equally we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your individual registration at any time. While we would try to explain our reasons for doing so, it may not always be possible to provide such an explanation at the same time as the suspension or termination.
In addition to these terms and conditions there is also a ‘good blogger guide’ which we ask all members of the Forum to adhere to.
If you are unsure about whether you can use any Content [or Postings] for another purpose, or have any query about republishing Content or any Postings, please contact us by completing the online contact form in the ‘Contact us’ section of the Website.
If you are unclear about anything in these terms, or have any queries about anything relating to the Forum, please contact us by completing the online contact form in the ‘Contact us’ section of the site.
The Website is operated by Explain and the Forum is managed by Explain, in each case on behalf of Northumbrian Water Limited, which trades in the north of England as Northumbrian Water, and is a company registered in England. Company number 2366703 and whose registered office address is Northumbria House, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5FJ.
These terms and conditions were last revised in June 2017.
© Northumbrian Water Limited 2017